Auric Jewellery is a trading name of Auric Consultancy Ltd (ACL).
Auric Gems & Jewellery is referred to as “we”, “us” and “our” in this privacy notice.
Who this privacy notice applies to
- Customers who buy goods online at www.auricjewellery.com
- When you browse our website
- Contact us via telephone, email and write to us.
Why we are providing you with this privacy notice
Data Protection laws (including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018), enforce responsibilities on us as the data controller, when we collect or create, hold, amend, disclose, share or else use or erase/destroy (collectively referred to as processing) your personal data and give you, as the data subject, rights over your personal data.
We may change this privacy notice in the future. If we make any significant and/or material changes and those changes materially affect you, we will inform you of any changes before they take effect.
This notice is to inform you about how we collect and protect any personal information you provide to us and how you can control what personal information we collect from you and what we do with it. This notice sets out how we intend to use your information, whom we will share it with and what rights you have about the use of your information.
Here we provide you with details about
- What personal information we collect
- How we will use your data
- Where you have given Consent
- The legal grounds on which we will process your data
- Who we share your data with
- Payment details
- Data retention
- Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
- Your legal rights
- Sending your personal data outside the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area
- How to complain
What personal information we collect
We may process a wide variety of personal data about you, where necessary, for the purposes set out in the “How We Will Use Your Data” section, including data about:
What personal information we collect
|You as an individual|
We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
We may anonymise and aggregate personal data for insight and research but this will not identify anyone.
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How we will use your data
We will use your personal data to:
- Provide products/goods and services to you;
- To create a user-friendly website available to you to use;
- To deliver products/goods to you;
- To manage any accounts which you hold with us;
- To verify your identity and bank details;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- for communicating with you electronically or post about offer, events, new products and services which may interest you;
- to analysis, insight and
- for analysis, insight and market research purposes to better understand your needs and ensure we are giving you what you like;
- to administer competitions and identify and contact competition winners;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
- internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Analyse web traffic.
- Estimate our audience size.
- To carry out our investigation for any compliant you have raised.
- Track your status in any promotions and competitions.
Where you have given Consent
- We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address / Postal address which you have provided.
- Place cookies and use similar technologies which is set out in our Cookies section.
- Inviting you take part in our market research
The legal grounds on which we will process your data
We will only process your personal data if we have a reason to do so that is legally permitted. When using your personal data for the purposes listed above we are relying on one or more of the following legal reasons for processing that data:
- Fulfilling our contract with you and or connected to a contract including fulfilling any orders you have placed.
- The purpose is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligation;
- Purpose is necessary for our legitimate interest;
- Responding to requests by the government or law enforcement organizations in order to assist with investigation;
- To prevent financial and other crime;
- To enhance the products and service which we provide to you;
- Managing and mitigating the risks to you and our business;
- Verify the information which you have provided to us is correct.
Who we share your data with
- Any other person you ask us to provide information to
- Central and Local Government
- Law enforcement agencies
- Market research companies
- We do not collect your Credit and Debit card information. Payments are processed by Klarna or PayPal. Please visit their websites to view their Privacy notice on how they handle and process your data.
- Klarna Policy: https://www.klarna.com/uk/privacy-policy/
- As outlined in the ‘Legal Rights’ section, deletion can only occur if we do not need to meet regulatory purpose.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
You have right to opt out of marketing where you have opted in by subscribing to our mailing list or when placing your order. You can do this by contacting us via phone, email or post.
Your legal rights
You have a number of rights over your personal data processed by us. These include your rights to request:
- Right to access to your personal data. You may request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to correct your personal data. You may request that we correct incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data.
- Right to transmission of your personal data. You have the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data
- Right to have erasure of your personal data. You may request that we delete your personal data.
- Right to processing of your personal data to be restricted. You may request that our use of your personal data ends, is restricted or limited.
- Right to restrict processing of your personal data. You may request that our use of your personal data ends, is restricted or limited.
The scope of these rights are limited by law therefore we may be limited to complete part or all of your request(s) where the right(s) are not applicable. If we cannot complete your request we will explain our reasons for not doing so when responding to your request.
If you would like further information about how we handle your personal data or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us on email@example.com or write to us ACL t/a Auric Jewellery, ACL, Co Kas&Co, The CIBA Building 146 Hagley Rd, Birmingham B16 9NX.
Sending your personal data outside the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area
Data which is collected from and about you may be stored and processed and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to work with our suppliers who, help us to run our service to ensure we deliver our service to you. We have made sure our suppliers are protected to the same extent as in the EEA.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with the outcome of any of your requests to exercise your rights, or how we handle your personal data then please let us know by contacting us:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us ACL, Co Kas&Co, The CIBA Building 146 Hagley Rd, Birmingham B16 9NX.